Thursday, August 24, 2017

Psychology: Journal One

Favorite word: Aesthetic
Least favorite word: Orifice
One thing I like about my life: My family doesn't smother me anymore.
One thing I dislike about my life: I've lost contact with people who once meant the world to me.
Profession I would like to attempt: CIA agent
Profession I'd never attempt: surgeon
Three words that describe me: Anxious, indecisive, intelligent.

Journal Writing Response

One major thing I hope to gain from this class is a better understanding of myself and the people around me. We are all so different from one another and even though there are broad, obvious reasons for these differences. Such as: mental disabilities, abusive parents, being wealthy financially, your peers where you live. I would rather hear and learn about why these things make us feel and act certain ways. I want to know why people have different reactions to one same situation. Why are some people depressed and others never frown a day in their life? Why do puppies and carnivals make us so happy? I have a lot of random questions, but that is what learning is. Asking questions, and finding answers.  

Even though Mr. Reints is crazy and probably a little mentally unstable I think I will learn a lot. He still manages to school us with some good information which is quite fortunate. He seems enthusiastic about psychology so that is exciting. Hopefully he doesn’t crack our noggin’s open with yard sticks. Anyways, psychology is a broad subject and I hope I can leave this room at the end of the year and confidently say I understand people and psych. better than I ever have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment